Your financial support enables the Evolution Institute to continue its work on solutions to real world problems and to raise awareness of the scientific evolutionary perspective. You can help influence public policy and support interdisciplinary approaches to our most pressing problems, countering the influence of misinformation and distortions. The Evolution Institute is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charity, and your contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Here are some ways you can support this on-going effort.
Donate Online with a Credit Card
Your one time donation provides important support for the work of the Evolution Institute. You can make your donation online through a credit card or PayPal. Please click to make your donation
Become a Monthly Donor
When you set up your automatic monthly donation, you are providing essential support for the work of the Evolution Institute. By spreading your donation over each year, you know it will be put right to work, applying evolutionary science to real world problems. Monthly donations also avoid the need to send you annual reminders, which can easily be misplaced or overlooked. As a monthly donor, you will receive advance information about our upcoming programs and events, like online discussions and seminars. You can fund your monthly donation through a credit card, your bank account, or PayPal. At the end of each year, we will send you a summary of all of your donations for tax purposes. Please click here to get started
Donating by Mail
You may mail your donation, if you prefer. Please make your check payable to: The Evolution Institute Mail it to: The Evolution Institute 10627 Machrihanish Circle San Antonio, FL 33576 USA Please include your name and your mailing address, so we can properly record your gift and send you’re your tax receipt.
Thank you for your interest in donating shares of stock or other publicly traded securities to the Evolution Institute. Stock donations can be very advantageous from a tax point of view. If your shares are appreciated in value, you can donate them to use, claim a deduction for the full market value, and pay no capital gains tax. Here is a brief description of the process.
- Contact Us. Let us know about your planned donation. This way, we can provide you with everything you need to make a smooth transfer. The transfer method will depend on which securities you wish to donate and on how you hold them, whether in a brokerage account or as paper certificates.
- Transfer the stock shares. Once you have made the transfer, please contact us, and let us know which shares you have donated. You may wish to have your broker notify us on your behalf. That way, we can identify the shares when they arrive in our account and promptly issue you a donation receipt.
- Your receipt. Once we receive your donation in our account, we will issue a donation receipt for the shares we receive. The date of your gift is the day the shares arrived in our account. We do not assign a value to your donation for tax purposes. That is determined by IRS regulations, under which the value your gift is the average of the high and low price for the shares of stock on the date we receive them.
Donate from your IRA
If you are at least 70-1/2 years old, you can donate directly from your IRA to the Evolution Institute. This is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). Here is how it works:
- You decide how much you want to donate (any amount up to $100,000 per year)
- You contact the financial services company that is custodian of your IRA account and tell them you want to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution to the Evolution Institute.
- You will need our federal tax ID number = 27-3353656
- And our address: 10627 Machrihanish Circle | San Antonio, FL 33576 USA
- Make your request at least 2 weeks before the end of the year. The check must be received by us during the calendar year.
- Your QCD will count toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- You will not have to pay income tax on the QCD, as you would on any other distribution from your IRA
- This is a great way to make a charitable contribution if you take the standard deduction. You are using pre-tax dollars for your donation, so it is like getting a deduction.
Leave a Gift in Your Estate
An estate gift is one of the best ways to ensure that the work of the Evolution Institute will continue in the future. Simple add the Evolution Institute as a beneficiary in any of these estate planning instruments:
- Your Will or Living Trust
- Your IRA or 401(k)
- Your Life Insurance
- Your Bank Account
- Your Investment Account
This is often as easy as filling out and signing a form. These commitments are fully revocable, and you will always have full access to your funds. You will need our federal tax ID number = 27-3353656 and our address: 10627 Machrihanish Circle | San Antonio, FL 33576 USA Please let us know when you arrange an estate gift for the Evolution Institute, so we can properly thank you while you are still here. For more information or assistance with setting up an estate gift arrangement, please call or email John Elbare, Executive Director, at 813-324-5557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Jerry Lieberman, Treasurer at jlieber@evolution-institute.