We’re looking for qualified teachers and school Director to join our groundbreaking school in Tampa!
This is a small community-based charter school on a mission to make a difference in the lives of the children. It is set in a low-income area of east Tampa and has been designed with residents and nationally known scientists to assure quality outcomes. The building is brand new.
The person will be the academic and administrative leader of this school that serves children from Kindergarten to second grade. This school is being established as part of a larger learning center that will eventually serve pre-school children also.
The person must be able to work collaboratively with community and family members as well as faculty and staff, and a Board. The ideal candidate has experience working with young children in that context.
The ideal candidate has experience with the public school system and its reporting and record keeping requirements.
The ideal candidate knows how to develop curriculum in a manner that aligns with research on early learning.
- working with ELL and/or ESE students, as needed (preferred)
- working closely with other teachers to plan lessons
- tracking student progress
- evaluating teacher performance
- providing community outreach to parents
- serving as liaison to SDHC and to the Evolution Institute and the Advisory Group
- possibly serve as LEA for the school
The individual hired will be supported by the board, administrative, and classroom assistants.
- Oversee the employment of staff and faculty, including hiring and evaluation.
- Oversee budget.
- Manage required reports to the appropriate agencies
- Assure faculty are engaging properly with students and their family
- Assure coordination with outside agencies
- Report to the Board and advisory group as required
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required.
- Assure compliance with laws, regulations, and statutes regarding school operations, staff requirements, Sunshine law requirements.
- Oversee the implantation of appropriate curriculum
- Oversee the classroom management
- Oversee parental and community engagement
- Oversee the School Improvement Plan
Skill and abilities
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and families in the community
- Demonstrated ability to take on leadership role and implement strategic directions
- Demonstrated experience in managing a school including instructional and administrative skills
- Demonstrated communications skills
- Demonstrated skill in meeting deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Principal/administrator license preferred
- Minimum of three years teaching experience preferred
- Administrative experience in a school setting preferred
- Demonstrated awareness of District and State policies
- Certified Pre k-3 or Elem Ed
- ESOL endorsement or certification
- ESE certification
- Prefer Gifted endorsement or plan to obtain.
This is a 12-month position that begins June 1, 2017.
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 1 year